... in addition... Hal Hovell (my friendly poet/author)

has published his book "An Old Man's Pleasure - An Anthology" and I have to say but WOW it is truly a work of art. I was not "in" to poetry - although I used to occasionally write lines of my own once upon a millenium ago. Hal's work is exquisite and the bookstore here in town where he initially took the book in its draft form were impressed with the work lil ol' me had put in. I edited and tweaked and made suggestions and Hal was really rapt. He's sold a couple of hundred books since the launch (and that was in September). I have a further 90 poems and stories regarding the great bush, hunting, huntsmen, notorious coastie people that never knew they would ever feature in a book - I need to spread the word regarding this book and the poetry because it really is a great read. Once begun you can't put it down. I have cried, have laughed and have really been touched by this emotional and yet very worthwhile book. Hal Hovell is a very shy, reserved, conservationist and keeper of many many stories yet to be told - he is also very capable of reciting whakapapa (Maori geneology). So, I hope this exposes him a little to the outside world - this book needs to be enjoyed outside of our small area. (Cost is $35.00 (NZ) per copy. Inquiries welcome.

No comments: