Wednesday and cannot

believe that I'm back in here posting a new one already! Must be getting the hang of my new time management plan! I have decided to "share" this blog with the rest of the world - well, from my email list - I'll let them decide whether or not they want to peruse the latest offerings from the East Coast of NZ or not. I'm hoping that they'll leave all the old posts and just begin here - hey, I was new to this but think I'm catching on fairly quickly. I used to "dribble" away sending pages and pages of correspondence to penpals many years ago - this is a bit the same except the postage is cheaper and if I make a mistake I can always just go back and correct or better still - delete it!

I have given myself 15 mins to belt out these few lines and then I'm off here and have to be upstairs at the easel hoping to complete my Beyond the Red Matrix artwork.

My day began with the fiasco of getting five year old dressed in his swimmers (for lessons) - preparing his brekkie, lunch, morning tea; making sure all the homework stuff was in his bag - remembering also to put in the other pair of swimmers and towel in case they go swimming at school. His bag weighs a ton and yet he prefers to carry it himself (Mr Independent)! The homework is already becoming a bit of an issue - I mean, he's into play time when he gets home - wants some tv and here I am giving him milk and cookies and then its - c'mon sonny let's go do it now coz you'll have all the rest of the time to watch tv and play with toys and the little girl next door before bathtime. Phew! I'm outta breath just writing about it. Anyway, mornings are not the best - I hate the b' mornings! My dh used to bring me a nice coffee to bed and I would leisurely drink it. Now, I'm up and atom - showered, have the exercise gear on (and yes, bought new stuff to make me really inspired and looking good out there on the streets)! oops - I digress. ......and I am literally running (and this is like 7am)!!! I must ask other parents if they are like this at their houses - mind you, we only have 1 to get ready - I see a lot of other folk at the school with 2 and 3 little ones. Bless them!


DH took Sam to swimming lessons (its "their" thing) although I love watching him I have to have at least just one day where I can actually sit down with my wonderful, endearing cup of black brewed coffee and enjoy it. (Hey, I have cut down - it used to be 2). It takes about 10 hugs and half a dozen smooches before the lil guy is ready to depart for his lessons. After my caffeine fix its off for my trek to the school and back - only about 8 kms all up I think so for now its only a short one. the goal is to walk 10 kms at least 5 days per week - and oh yes, the neighbour has loaned me her bike. Yeehaaa - went down the hill on it the other day and lil guy was skiting - he did a 360 on the gravel - thank God the shirt he was wearing took the brunt of it. I was having kittens up on my bike with brakes screeching - all the brakes - shit, I don't know how to ride a bike properly - but am getting the hang of it really quickly. I saw Sam get the "jelly wobbles" and then he bike flung in one direction - Sam in the other and the spin began - wow, he was in the throes of a really huge wail by the time I finally managed to get my leg over my bike (oh yes, and stop the bloody thing)! So, he wanted to carry on to the shop though - tears and all. The icecream at the other end was more appealing to him than limping home with his grazed ego and his bruises!

Meanwhile - my dh (Don) is having a cool time swimming his lengths every morning (for now at least). We're just beginning to enjoy the freedom of having the lil guy at school for all those hours. The gardens are looking cool; haven't planted up a vege plot yet because my raised garden beds aren't built yet. Trust me to want to have curves! Never want to have anything that looks like anyone elses! Nah - its just that our house is full of shapes and so just want to keep it looking like the rest of the place. I'll upload a pic one of these days. We were sad yesterday - the boat was sold - there goes our fresh kaimoana (seafood)! We've decided to go out in a friend's boat from now on (although the boys tend to go out by themselves without me) - won't go into that one here. We can also borrow a small alloy boat to take up the coast and go diving off of it. It was a bit of a wrench though - had a lot of good times on that boat and it has fed hundreds of people with the catches over the years. So, had to have some wine last night to celebrate (although we're not sure what we were celebrating)!

I think I've had my 15 minutes for today - will attempt to get back in each day but won't promise anything. I have a museum trip with Sam and his schoolmates so if I want to do some more painting I have to scoot. More later...keep tuned - ciao

No comments: