Time - where the hang does it end up?

If we could talk to this computer and it just took the information and processed it so each site I was in didn't require me to sit here and stare at the computer and type heaps of words and upload pictures etc..... would I get more work done in a day? No doubt something else would come along and I would procrastinate even further.

My wee guy is ill at the moment so I'm doing a lot of nothing at present. I did however manage to paint a little yesterday - and today I'm going for a mega walk because the weather is so wonderful (unlike yesterday)! I will however wait till dh comes home from his physical activity of the day (swimming) before I do any of that. I am allowing myself about 10 mins on here and then I gotta move. This is of course if I don't have to get up and go fix lil fella a cool drink to soothe his sore throat. Thank God he doesn't get colds and virus's very often - in fact, I think this is only his 2nd ever. He's a healthy kid mostly - and he's lapping this up. He heard what the doc said yesterday about laxing out on the sofa watching tv! He didn't need to be told that twice.

My studio is looking a little full so am gearing up for the big exhibition (when, I don't know) but I'm having one. Am just getting enough work together first off so I can then present to a few galleries - will begin with my own studio opening/exhibition me thinks and will go from there. Gotta have the first ever showing of my work here on my own whenua. Then again, I might make the effort and approach Gisborne Museum and Art Centre - and I have already spoken with one other gallery in Gissie and they keen to have a squizzy at my work. I want to have at least 40 pieces to be proud of first and I'm only half way there - so long as its prior to 2009 I'll be happy!

I've gone back to seascapes/landscapes and even flower paintings - wow - can't help myself - nature calls and I run with it. Looking forward to the opportunity to knuckle down and actually finish a work. I'm not posting any half done pieces here on this site any longer - actually, will only post the ones I'm not thinking of exhibiting.

Am looking forward to hopefully making it to Wellington this year for the NZ Affordable Art show - I'm still in the process of working on 3 artworks for this...... one is complete but there's two are still a "thought" in my head. I will see how the piece I am working on pans out - something a little different for me but am enjoying the process and the time its taking to get from one brushstroke to the next. I am "feasting" on this one - can't keep my eyes off it - plenty of running up and down the stairs. Oh there's my niece on IM - best go and say hi - that's another 10 mins gone!

shucks - ciao for now

No comments: